The cabinet, when in Beethoven's possession, was located in the Schwarzspanierhaus ("the house of the black-robed spaniards") in Vienna. Beethoven moved into the house on October 15, 1825 (Memories of Beethoven, p. 131, n. 104) and lived in an apartment on the second floor until his death in 1827. Read more.
Eugene Ormandy served as conductor of the Philadelphia Orchestra (1937-1980) and was the beloved architect of the "Philadelphia sound." The Ormandy Collection includes music scores; papers and correspondence; programs; photographs; recordings; oral histories; and audiovisual material.
The Library collections include the papers of Marian Anderson, Rudolf Serkin, Alma Mahler Werfel, and the American Musicological Society, the Eugene Ormandy Archive, the Leopold Stokowski Collection, and the archives of the Philadelphia Musical Fund Society, Savoy Company, and Marlboro Music Festival. Read more about the Library's primary sources
Ormany Music and Media Center
A collaboration between the Albrecht Music Library and the Department of Music, Music in the Stacks brings Penn musicians into library spaces for drop-in, public performances throughout the semester.
“Most of the books that have been recently published in Turkey on how to play the Ney make direct reference to the oldest Ney in the world kept by the University of Pennsylvania” --Juan Castrillón
The online exhibit discusses and documents an exhibit presented in 2020 in the Marian Anderson Gallery.
Browse the 25 latest additions to the Albrecht Music Library Collection in the Franklin catalog
Liza VickHead, Otto E. Albrecht Music Library & Eugene Ormandy Music & Media Center firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen MantzMusic Technical Services Librarian email@example.com
Catherine RutanLibrary Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Lloyd FrankLibrary Specialist email@example.com
Florrie MarksMusic Library Administrative Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
The accessible entrance of Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center opens into the Goldstein Undergraduate Study Center. This entrance is on the ground floor of the building facing Blanche P. Levy Park and College Hall. A wheelchair accessible doorbell is located on the railing leading toward the door.