Access during Reading Period and Final Exams
During the reading period and final exams, December 12 – 21, access to the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center and Fisher Fine Arts Library will be restricted to individuals who hold one of the following credentials:
- A PennCard
- A photo ID from the University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS), HUP, CHOP, Pennsylvania, or Presbyterian hospitals, or UPHS affiliate.
- A Penn Alumni Card
- A Library Courtesy Card
Exceptions will be made for visitors (non-Penn affiliates) who make prior arrangements with a staff member. Included in this category are patrons who will be using materials in the Kislak Center. A visitor pass, which will be held at the guard desk, should be completed in advance. Please contact the Circulation desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
Access is also restricted at Biddle Law Library from December 8 to 20. Access during this period is limited to members of the Penn Carey Law community and Penn students registered for law classes. Penn non-law students may request circulating books for delivery to Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center. To request access to the non-circulating collection, Penn non-law students must email email@example.com with a detailed description of their research request.
Changes to the Franklin catalog
- The Penn Libraries is building a new, user-focused library catalog.
- Students, faculty, and researchers across the university are invited to participate in usability research and provide input on the new system design by joining the design task force.
- The new system will be available for all library users to preview during the spring semester, and it’s expected to launch in Fall 2024.
Masks are optional in all Penn Libraries spaces.
- In accordance with the latest campus guidelines, masks are optional in all Penn Libraries spaces. Masking is always an option for anyone who chooses to wear a mask for any reason.
- Looking for more information about regular library operations and services? Browse the basics in our Quick Start Guide, search the FAQ, or ask us a question.
Please note that the safety of our staff and our users is our top priority. All services are subject to change; revisions will be made as necessary with guidance from the University of Pennsylvania, city and state officials, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.