Unrestricted gifts to the Penn Libraries Fund support all aspects of the Libraries’ world-class offerings, from collections to programming to expertise. This crucial source of flexible income allows the Libraries the agility to rise to the occasion when unforeseen challenges and exciting opportunities arise.
Your unrestricted gift to the Penn Libraries Fund — no matter the size — has a tremendous impact on the Penn Libraries’ ability to meet and exceed the expectations of our scholarly community in new and transformative ways.
Your gift of $2,500 - 4,999 funds:
- The acquisition of unique and distinctive materials — from physical objects to digital resources — that enrich our holdings in a specific area of study for research, teaching, and learning
- Digitization of up to 1,700 individual pages, which will extend online access of our world-class collections to students, faculty, and researchers
Your gift of $5,000 - 9,999 supports:
- A one-year fellowship for an undergraduate student, which will provide firsthand experience in the field of information science and mentoring by our seasoned team of professional librarians
- An acquisition trip for one of our distinguished librarians or bibliographers, so that we may continue to expand our diverse and distinctive collections
- 20 hours of treatment by the team of experts in our Conservation Lab to ensure our Special Collections are preserved for use by generations of students and researchers to come
Your gift of $10,000 - 24,999 supports:
- Technology upgrades for our group study spaces across campus, which inspire creativity and connection and help to sustain welcoming and inclusive facilities for scholars of all ages
- Undergraduate access to hands-on training in digital literacy and emerging technologies — skills that provide graduating seniors a competitive edge in the modern workplace
Your gift of $25,000 and above funds:
- One year of community archiving workshops that bring the Penn Libraries’ processing, cataloging, preservation, and digitization resources to local communities to assist with creating an accessible, lasting historical record
- Continuing education and staff development initiatives to sustain and enhance our talented staff’s ability to support student and faculty research in a rapidly changing academic landscape
For more information about the Penn Libraries Fund and how you can make an impact, please contact Allison Dadouris, Assistant Development Officer.