Established in 1923, for 50 years the Lamberton Fund supported the acquisition of resources of use to students in Greek or Latin. In 1974, the fund became unrestricted.

William A. Lamberton served as Dean of the College Faculty, and reported to the trustees in May 1897 that women were attending both the Biological and Interior Decoration courses and were requesting admission to "Chemical Courses and [other] courses."