The University of Pennsylvania (then the College of Philadelphia), located In the heart of the city, was at the center of the dramatic events of 1776 and the Revolution that followed. Members of the Penn community were closely linked to the creation of the Declaration of Independence and other founding documents.
10:10-11:00am: The Revolutionary City Project
Sabrina Bocanegra and Bayard Miller (American Philosophical Society).
11:00-11:30am: Pottsgrove Manor ledger transcription project
Justin Clement (Pottsgrove Manor)
11:30am-12:00pm: America 250 PA Delco Plans
Kate Clifford (America250PADelco)
Lunch will be provided to registered participants.
1:15-2:00pm: Lightning session
Short presentations by participants on their organizations' plans for 2026. Speakers:
- PACSCL (Philadelphia Area Consortium of Special Collections Libraries): Beth Hessel and Beth Lander (Managing Director)
- Athenaeum of Philadelphia: Beth Hessel (Executive Director)
- Andalusia: John Vick (Director of Collections, Interpretation & Engagement, The Andalusia Foundation)
- Mercer Museum: Annie Halliday (Director of Library and Archives, Mercer Museum & Fonthill Castle)
- Lutheran Archives and Historic Trappe: Lisa Minardi (Executive Director, Lutheran Archives Center at Philadelphia)
- PAFA (Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts): Anna Marley (Chief of Curatorial Affairs) and Kemuel Martinez-Rios (School and Community Program Coordinator)
- Historic Germantown sites: Laura Keim (Curator, Stenton), Caroline Wallace (Education Director, Cliveden), Kim Staub (Executive Director, Wyck), and John Pollack (President, Concord School House & Upper Burying Ground)
- CCAHA (Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts): Michelle Eisenberg (Acting Director)
- SAADA (South Asian American Digital Archive): Yousef Khan (Community Engagement Coordinator)
- Homecoming 250 Navy Marine Corps: George S. Leone (Chair of the Board)
- Atwater Kent Collection @ Drexel: Stacey Swigart (Director)
2:00-3:00pm: Moving Forward: A Discussion
Open conversation for all attendees.